What fun is taco tuesday, if you don’t mix it up a bit?!
Here’s a recipe to shake things up, and leave you saying “YUMMM!”
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ cup Cilantro Leaves
- ¼ cup Sour Cream (or Mexican Crema)
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 clove Garlic (opt)
- ½ Jalapeno (opt)
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 small Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 1 large tomato, sliced into cubes
- 1½ Tbsp Taco Seasoning (see note)
- 12 Taco-Sized Tortillas (flour or corn; use gluten-free corn if needed)
- 1 heart Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- To make the avocado crema, combine all ingredients listed under avocado crema in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add additional salt, if needed. (Note: garlic and jalapeño add additional flavor, but only use them if they are flavors you like. A blender will work here, but you may need to add a splash of water to help bring everything together.) Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add cooking oil and then sweet potatoes and saute until they are beginning to turn golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp of water to the pan and cover it with a lid or foil. Steam the sweet potatoes until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and tomatoes and taco seasoning. Saute until seasoning is fragrant and tomatoes are heated through.
- Cover the tortillas with a slightly damp paper towel and microwave until warm, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Assemble tacos by filling tortillas with romaine, sweet potato and then topping with avocado crema.
- Drizzle with lime (optional)
Did you know: One medium-sized sweet potato accounts for a 100% of our daily requirements of vitamin A, and 47% of the daily recommended vitamin C? Both play a major role in fighting off aging and skin degeneration. So eat up! Your skin will thank you.